Sunday 14 July 2013

Tarte Amazonian Clay Concealer Review

Hola amigos,
       Like many many people all over the world, I am a naughty girl when it comes to acne.  I poke and prod the spots on my face until they retaliate in defiance and turn the ugliest red you've ever seen.  Then they scar!  I then suffer from hyperpigmentation that up until now I have been unable to cover or conceal.  I took a trip to Ulta (which I posted about here) and the lovely Ulta lady gave me two concealers to try.  Today I'll be reviewing Tarte Amazonian Clay concealer in the color Tan.

Here is my horribly marked skin

It's actually much worse than can be shown with my awful camera!

I moisturized with my Lubriderm lotion (the only thing that doesn't break me out!), then applied the POREfessional primer from Benefit (which I have yet to review), added a little Hello Flawless benefit foundation in Beige mixed with Toasted Beige (I am unmatcheable with one color it seems), smoothed on a little Tarte concealer where I needed it and powdered my skin so it would all stay in place!  And here is the result:

Marks all gone!

      I was so impressed with this concealer!  It is super smooth and feels amazing on my skin.  I used my finger to apply it (maybe not the best of practices) but it reminds me of incredibly healthy clay, a very interesting texture.  It covered all of my blemishes with just one or two pats and feels light on my face.  
      While I was in Ulta they also tried Dermablend on my face, both the heavy and medium concealers and they just felt so heavy..like I had to use a knife to scrape them off my face afterwards.  (Dermablend has been marketed to cover tattoos, so a heavy consistency is a good thing for that!)
      If you remember from my Ulta haul I was also given a little sample of Benefit's Playstick concealer in Jumprope.  I will be reviewing and comparing that soon!

Thanks for reading,
~NomiGirl~
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment