Saturday 6 July 2013

Out popped Harley Quinn

Hola amigos,
    How's it going? How's life?  I wanted to share another side of me today...I love to sew!
Now, I'm not amazing at it, but my mama used to design her own patterns and sew a lot of her own clothes, and I've been learning bits from her my whole life.  So a couple Halloweens ago I combined my love of sewing with my love of makeup and out popped Harley Quinn!

I did have some help with the bodysuit pattern, but I sewed it completely by myself and designed the neckpiece and headpiece.  It's not perfect (I couldn't put the cuffs on in time!)  but it helped me win an iPod at a costume contest. :)  My first iPod!  I love those shoes, too.  They were close to $100 at a local lingerie boutique but I found them a little scuffed at a local thrift store for only $18.  I used Ben Nye for my face paint and spirit gum to stick the mask to my face.  It stayed on all night!
As you can tell, I don't have the best photography skills in the world or the best camera, but hopefully as this blog goes on I will improve in that aspect.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated, especially with lighting and such!
One more thing: I might not have the body type to play a perfect Harley Quinn but I say who cares!  Go out there and do what you WANT and LOVE to do.  If people give you funny looks give them funny looks right back.  If you always let peoples' comments and judgements tear you down, you will never have fun.  My dad always says the one thing he wishes he could do if he could go back and do it again is to not let other people bother him.  Don't have this regret! :)
Thanks for listening!  I'd be happy to answer any questions about the process, the makeup, the material, etc.
~NomiGirl
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. What a fun costume!

    I would really love it if you check out my blog!

    http://www.annanguyens.dk/

    ReplyDelete