Friday 26 July 2013

How to Lose That Darn Weight.....Healthily! (Surely that is a word!)

Hola amigos,
     I'm here to talk to you all today about dreaded WEIGHT LOSS and BEING HEALTHY.  It makes us stressed out, unhappy, tired, and cranky!  But guess what....I've been happy, healthy, full, and losing weight recently. :)  And I've had ice cream just about every day!

NO this is not about becoming anorexic or not loving your body.  HOWEVER, if you have a high BMI (body mass index, the ratio of fat you have on your body) that is not healthy.  This is why I really wanted to start losing weight.  I loved my body then, I love my body now, but now I can love it and be content knowing that it is healthy on the inside and out. :)

So, how can this be done?

It's called MyFitnessPal.com!

It's a calorie counter website that is free. FREE. FREE!  

Don't cheat, put EVERYTHING into the program...your true height, true weight (no one peeking over your shoulder!) and all of the sweets and chips you eat.  You'll be surprised to see how much everything adds up to, even if you think you are eating true to a healthy lifestyle.

I am 5'2" and I used to weigh 150.  That might not sound like much to you tall ladies but on a shortie like me, that is quite the amount.  I am now down to 126, 1 pound away from my goal and I couldn't be happier.

No I'm not getting paid by the site but I just think it's a fantastic option.  My mom's doctor even told her about this and she mentioned it to me and I had already been using it. :)

Now let me see if I can find any "progress" type pictures...

(I'm on the right!)

I'm holding my stomach in as much as I can in that picture as well.  I just don't look healthy :(

And here is a more recent picture

Quite a few less lumpy bumps!

And this picture isn't even the most recent. :)

YES you can lose weight with only diet but it's no fun!  I have a major sweet tooth and I absolutely have to have some kind of chocolate or ice cream every so often (ok...every day) so I also added running into my routine.  I run 2 miles as fast as I can then 2 miles at more of a jogging pace.  This adds a decent amount of calories to my day so I can "afford" to have something sweet. :)

What do you guys do to keep fit and stay healthy?
Thanks for reading!
~NomiGirl~
XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment