Tuesday 23 July 2013

July Birchbox Review

Hola amigos,
      Sorry I'm a little bit late with this! And I haven't tried all the products yet; but I wanted to share my thoughts on a few of the Birchbox products:

Coola moisturizer: This is an awesome product if you don't mind the smell!  It smells like sunscreen trying to be covered by eau de cucumber.  While I do like many scents, the scent of a cucumber is not my favorite!  I put this on after my shower and before my makeup and it was very moisturizing.  The main reason this product was pretty amazing for me was that it didn't leave my face slimy like my usual lotion!

3.5 out of 5 stars



N. 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect: Let me fan girl for a moment: omg guys!! This product is fantastic!  I absolutely hate combing my hair after a shower because so much of it gets ripped out (I am not gentle...I am too impatient) and it is just SO difficult to get through.  I sprayed this maybe twice on the underside of my hair and once on the outside and instead of 50 slow brushstrokes from the bottom up...it took three.  THREE brushstrokes and I had not a single tangle.  It also helped my hair feel a little softer.  I'm excited to see if there are long term results/repairs!

One downside: It smells like awful chemicals :(  No pretty scent here.

4.5 out of 5 stars



Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation in Champagne:

First, see this picture: (sorry for bad skin)

(Toasted Beige, Beige, Champagne-the color I was sent)

Like I have mentioned before: Champagne is NOT my color...it is far too light!  Currently, to match my very tanned summer skin I am Toasted Beige (having graduated from mixing it with Beige).  So instead of wearing Champagne I wore Toasted Beige but I will nevertheless review the foundation!

Hello Flawless foundation is smooth and lightweightish.  It went on quite patchy but I think that is because I used a not-so-fantastic elf brush to buff it.  I went over it with my fingers and it seemed to fix right up.  I wore it over the POREfessional primer also from Benefit (reviewed below!) and it wore quite well.  As the evening came closer, my foundation seemed to slip a bit, but it was also 104 degrees in my city.  I am sure this could have been fixed if I had my powder on me and some blotting papers!

3.5 out of 5 stars

I also wanted to do a quick review of the POREfessional primer from Benefit:


I have learned from watching Melmphs on YouTube that you must pat primer onto problem areas and THEN you are free to smooth it around the rest of your face.  I feel as though patting not smoothing or rubbing is a technique for most makeup products and even washing up afterwards!

First of all, the POREfessional smells HEAVENLY.  It smells citrusy-sweet..I think. (I am awful at describing scents!)  It is also SO smooth.  I pat it onto my t-zone and then run my fingers over my face and it feels like soft baby skin.  My pores definitely look minimized and when foundation goes over the top, I certainly see improvement.  So as a pore filler this product is great.  As a primer, as I said above, my foundation had slipped a bit later in the day but if I hadn't been wearing this primer I would have been shiny all over...before I encountered primers you could have used my face as a mirror!

4 out of 5 stars.

Thanks for reading! What did you guys think of the Birchbox if you received it?  I love getting things in the mail! Even if I did have to pay for it ;)
~NomiGirl~
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment